Welcome to the website of the Hungarian National Bailliage of the Chaine des Rôtisseurs!
The International Gastronomic Society was founded in France in 1248 terminated during the French Revolution, and reformed and registered in 1950 in Paris. The Hungarian Association has been founded twenty-six years ago, on the 2nd of January, 1990 joining amateurs and professionals who are devoted to promoting fine dining. Members celebrate the pleasures of the table, the highest levels of national and international gastronomy based on traditions while being open to innovative ideas and methods.
The Board headed by the Bailli Délégué plan the individual activities, organize diner amical using the practices of the old French royal guild of goose roasters, preserving the old and famous Hungarian gastronomic traditions at the same time.
Our main target is that amateurs share fine dining experience with fellow members, enjoy exceptional food and become connoisseurs of wines and selected spirits while the professional take the challenge and show their skills of the culinary and service staffs when demonstrating their expertise and creativity at events they host.
Through examples we have the key to make the famous Hungarian hospitality and Hungarian culinary arts known in more and more extensive range and attract the attention of gourmets and foreign Chaine friends visiting us.
With all these the opportunity is ours to maintain friendships, to establish new ones and enjoy each other's company to the utmost in the friendliest atmosphere and ambiance.
One of our priorities is to support the future generation of the catering industry, meaning the chefs under the age of 27 and the sommeliers under the age of 31, and to help their international appearance and competence. The most important project in this field is to organize local competitions and giving chance to the winner to represent Hungary on international stage. The winners of these rounds got to represent Hungary in the world championship. Their entry-fee are paid by our Society.
On February 4, 2020: Young Chefs National Competition has been organized (25th in line) at HUNGEXPO exhibition area, simultaneously with SIRHA Budapest (the premium international HoReCa and Retail Show) for young talents under the age of 27.
The results are:
The winner participates at the 2021 International Young Chefs Competition in September in Paris, France.
Levente LENDVAI, Arany Kaviár restaurant received Kotányi Hungária Kft’s special award for the best seasoned main dish.
István AKÁCS, Olimpia restaurant received METRO Gastro Academy’s special award for most organized kitchen work.
Our congratulation goes to competitors Huang BAO SHAN (A KERT Bisztró), István JAKAB (Hotel Azúr) and Olivér KÁROCS (Hotel Silverine Lake Resort).
Our Bailliage is more than grateful to its sponsors and supporters. They are:
- Bocuse d’Or Academy
- Kotányi Hungaria Kft
- La Fiesta Party Service
- Lázár Chef
- Luxury Events
- Rubók Group
- Tamás T. Nagy
- National Association of Catering Vocational Trainers
Special thanks to:
- Lázár KOVÁCS (Lázár Chef) competition director
- Bettina SZABADOS (Luxury Events) deputy director of competition
- Réka FÖLDI, head of the organizing committee
- Alexandra PERESZLÉNYI (Vadrózsa restaurant) timekeeping supervisor
- Dorottya PETELI (Stand restaurant) serving staff coordinator
- Krisztián RÁCZ, Maître Rôtisseur for providing chef coat with Chaine logo for the competitors and aprons with Chaine logo for the serving staff.
Special thanks also to the jury members:
- Tamás SZÉLL (Stand restaurant) head of the jury
- Áron BARKA, Araz restaurant
- Attila HANZELY, Luxury Events
- Ráchel RAJ, Torta Saloon
- Dénes SÁNDOR, Budapest University of Economy
- Csaba ÁDÁM, Olimpia restaurant
- Attila BICSÁR, Tractor restaurant
- Lajos BÍRÓ, Kisbíróhoz restaurant
- Árpád GYŐRFFY, Four Seasons Budapest
- Árpád KOVÁCS, Főnix restaurant
- Sándor NYÍRI, Arany Kaviár restaurant
- Krisztián RÁCZ, Hotel Azúr
- Viktor SEGAL, Segal ’s Kitchen
Vive la Chaine!
Ivan Peter Novák
Bailli Délégué, Membre du Conseil Magistral